The past week was insanely busy, and if it’s any indicator of the pace of the rest of this summer, it’s going to be fall before I know it.

On Wednesday, the boys and I went to the farmers’ market and picked up two varieties of strawberries (which weren’t very good – PA has had a rough strawberry season due to intense amounts of rain), some Granny Smith apples (which are apparently the boys’ favorite apples, but tasted too sweet to be Granny Smith), a ring of garlic bologna and half a pound of smoked swiss cheddar.  Then, we drove to Grammy’s (at the other end of the county) and the four of us lunched on strawberries, bologna and cheese.

T and C really enjoy spending time at Grammy’s, which makes me happy because I remember having so much fun with Grammy and Papa when I was younger.  I really wish Papa were still alive – I know the boys could have learned so much from him.  Plus, I really miss him.

On Thursday, T, C, Shooter and I went for a walk after breakfast.  I took the Nikon D5100 and took some photos while T and C took turns walking Shooter.  We took two short breaks at some small streams so Shooter could drink (and the boys could play).  The second time we stopped, we did so farther up the same stream, where two boys were fishing.  One of the boys accidentally overshot his cast, lost his footing and fell into the stream.  T was kind enough to wade into the stream and fish it out for the boy.

We started walking home just as it started to rain, and after lunch, spent the rest of the day playing Made for Trade, a board game similar to Monopoly, but set in Colonial America.  I received it as a Christmas gift several years ago, but found it too difficult to learn, so it sat in a closet until the boys pulled it out and I finally decided to read through the instructions.  It took us almost three hours to play, and when Alan came home, we played again.

Alan took the day off on Friday, so we went to Grammy’s before meeting the boys’ mom so they could visit with her for the weekend.  We picked them up again this afternoon, so they could spend part of Father’s Day with Alan.  Alan also purchased a ladderball set and a volleyball set, so hopefully we’ll all get some use out of both this summer.

This evening, we went for a bike ride, but Alan’s bike is more suited for California boardwalks, not uneven, tire-popping mountain roads.  T’s front tire popped on the way to our destination, so we had to turn around early.  At least we fit in some brief exercise and time outdoors today!

Also, I guest-posted over at The Diary Of A Mrs.  My post is about my experiences as an adoptee.  It’s incredibly lengthy and self-centered, but I wrote it with the goal of giving the parents of adopted children an idea of what they might be able to expect down the road.